4. Peter played handball yesterday, ?
5. They are going home from school, ?
6. He could have bought a new car, ?
7. John and Max don't like Maths, ?
8. I'm clever, ?
Write the phrases in brackets in their correct forms into the gaps.
Yesterday I __________ (can/to watch) a film, today I can't.
Yesterday I could watch a film, today I can't.
1. Last week we swimming, this week we can't. (can/to go)
2. Maybe the Smiths a new house next year. (can/to build)
3. If you try hard, you your examinations. (can/to pass)
4. When I was five, I . (not/can/to swim)
5. He was so busy, he a letter to me. (not/can/to write)
6. For three weeks I to him on the phone. (not/can/to speak)
7. Dennis the trumpet after four months. (can/to play)
8. Next year we a new car. (can/to look for)